Capitol Mortgage Company is seeking an outgoing, sales-minded person to work as a Mortgage Loan Originator. As a licensed Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) you will be an integral part of our team and you will help build our reputation of honesty and excellent customer service. As a loan originator you will be involved in a variety of activities, including pre-qualification, originating, seeking approvals, assistance with funding and attending closings.
Successful candidates will also need to focus on local marketing and promotional strategies, to attract home buyers and home owners wanting to refinance, by promoting a broad spectrum of mortgage loan programs. These programs include, but are not limited to, Conventional (Prime), FHA, VA, USDA Rural, ALT A, and Private Money lending within Oregon. This includes building your network and community relations while aggressively promoting Capitol Mortgage Company to real estate agents, builders, developers, financial planners/CPAs, attorneys and other potential referral sources.
Candidates being considered for this position will be subject to additional background checks including credit history and criminal background checks. Candidates will be considered without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, familial status, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Extensive Job training, as necessary
- Loan Application Taking and Loan Processing Training
- Training to Utilize Various Marketing Approaches
- The desire to acquire a new, rewarding, full-time career path
- A sincere desire to help their client reach their goals
- The drive and ambition to set and achieve your sales/marketing goals
- Previous mortgage loan origination, sales, and marketing experience is preferred
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage your time, while performing multiple tasks
- Excellent analytical, detail, and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication sklls
- Ability to work effectively with clients, co-workers, and business associates
- Proficiency with personal computers, smart phones, office equipment, and related software such as MS Word and Excel
- High school diploma is required, plus a bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field is preferred
- Acquisition and maintenance of your National and State Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) license is required.
- Occasional travel may be necessary to meet with clients and referral partners